As the dispute over Hans Island has taken to the internet in the form of Google ads
, we at Canadian Expatriates
are offering up our own solutions to the problem.
1. A rousing game of hockey on Hans Island's frozen tundra. Winner takes all.
2. Arm wrestling on ice while in full winter gear - parka, mittens, balaclava, and ice skates.
3. A dance off.
4. A drinking contest. First to pass out forfeits all claims to the island and gets their hand placed in a warm bucket of water.
5. Naked lacrosse on ice. (Helmets and pads are for pansies!)
6. Ice fishing competition. Loser cleans the fish, makes dinner, and gives up the island.
7. Full contact ringette.
8. Battle of the stereotypes, complete with jokes. Nation with the best stereotypes
9. Moose wrestling.
10. Do the "real Canadian thing". (See below.