A few things arose out of the Ultimate Canadian Test
that need to be addressed!
First, we will tackle Mudpuppy
's question about the top secret toonie joke
. If you are a staunch monarchist and lover of Queen Elizabeth II, please avert your eyes!Hugely enormous coin to aid in visualization of the secret toonie joke.
Can you find all of the animals on a toonie?
- There is a very obvious polar bear on the front of the coin.
- Now hold the coin bear side up and vertical. Now cover the bear's head with your thumb and his hind quarters become a T-Rex head.
- Next hold the coin bear side up and upside down. Cover the bear's body with your thumb, leaving only his legs showing. You should see three penguins.
- Finally flip the coin over and you will see an old cow.
did so well on the aforementioned quiz
, Canadians everywhere (well, mostly me and some chick named Jennifer) are offering her honourary Canadian citizenship
. All that is required is filling out this simple questionnaire
you will join the select group of Honourary Canadians! You will also have you very own Honourary Canadian Citizenship Certificate available for you to link to from your website... You will amaze and amuse your friends with your new accent, complete strangers will seek you out for your opinion on Canadian politics, your neighbours will borrow your snowshoes and never return them, you can use negative numbers when referring to the temperature and your knowledge of the metric system will stun your family!
Congratulations Flippy! To celebrate this momentous day, I offer you this rocking good video
as a gift.
was questioning her Canadian-ness when she realized that she did not know what a "bunnyhug" was
. She can certainly be forgiven though, because according to this site
, "bunnyhug" is a purely Saskatchewan term for a hooded sweatshirt.
Here are some other things about Saskatchewan from a popular (yet ridiculously mean-spirited) email forward:Welcome to Saskatchewan (In a Most Unwelcoming Way!)
1. That slope-shouldered farm boy you are snickering at did more work before breakfast than you will do all week at the gym.
2. It's called a "gravel road." No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your BMW. I have a 4-wheel drive because I need it. Now drive or get it out of the way.
3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine-years-old. Yeah, we saw Bambi die. We got over it.
4. Any references to "grain fed" when talking about our women will get your butt kicked ...By our women.
5. Pull your pants up, and turn your hat around. You look like an idiot.
6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are making their final approach, we will shoot it. You might hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
7. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.
8. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes unsweetened in a glass with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.
9. You bring Coke into my house you better bring rye along, and some ice.
10. So you have a sixty-thousand-dollar car. We're real impressed. We have quarter-million-dollar combines that we use two weeks a year.
11. Let's get this straight. We may have one stoplight in town, but we stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.
12. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks - because they want to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.
13. Yeah, we eat trout, Northern pike, walleye, and perch, too. If you really want sushi and caviar, it's available at the bait shop.
14. They are pigs and cows. That's what they smell like. Get over it. Don't like it? Highways #1 and #16 go two ways - get on one of them.
15. The "Opener" refers to the first days of fishing and deer season. They are religious holidays. You can get breakfast at the church.
16. So what if every person in every pick-up waves? It's called being friendly. Understand the concept?
17. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit into the water hazards. It spooks the fish. And stay out of the woods. It'll spook the deer.
Please enjoy your stay. Eh.
Oh yeah, one more thing.
to Matt for all of his Tim