Brace yourselves, folks, another meme is making its way across the blogosphere. This one is actually quite fun. Thanks Colleen
! :)The Rules
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog's name in the #5 spot; link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.
2. Writing from the Hip
3. Blue Stocking
4. Simply Coll
5. Canadian Expatriates
Next: Select four new friends to add to the pollen count. (No one is obligated to participate and anyone can play if they want to).
4. OrlaThe MemeWhat were you doing 10 years ago?
I was just beginning 12th grade and was enjoying the so called trials and tribulations of high school. It was such a perfect balance of enjoying the "right now" and looking forward to what the future held.What were you doing 5 years ago?
Five years ago, I had my first job as a curator. It made me realize just how history could be altered (or in this case created) to suit the needs of an institution. After much soul searching, my employer and I parted ways. It was a good lesson in staying true to myself and true to what I knew was right.What were you doing one year ago?
Enduring rounds of tests at the hospital. 'Nuff said.What were you doing yesterday?
Yesterday I mowed the grass and pruned the rose bushes. Gave the flowers a much needed drink and harvested some more tomatoes from the vegetable garden (we currently have 93 tomatoes in our fridge. Any takers?) Later in the day, we packed a picnic lunch and went hiking and geocaching
near a neighbouring town. Last night, we grilled some steaks and watched a home movie of our trip through western Canada. It was a good way to spend Labour Day!Five snacks you enjoy:
Five songs I know all the words to:
- Old Dutch ketchup chips (Ha!)
- Tim Hortons Coffee (and a whole wheat and honey bagel with garlic & herb cream cheese)
- Swiss Chalet french fries *drool*
- Ivar's clam chowder
- Fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream
Five things you would do if you had a million dollars:
- Oh Canada
- The entire musical score of Anne of Green Gables: The Musical
- The entire musical score of The Sound of Music
- The entire musical score of The King and I
- The entire musical score of Oklahoma
Five things you like doing:
- Open a Tim Hortons (next door)
- Restore a Victorian house
- Buy a green dress (but not a real green dress 'cause that's cruel!)
- Donate agility equipment and a dog pool to the local dog park
- Buy a boat and rescue the pets of New Orleans and reunite them with their owners :(
Five bad habits
- Taking the "kids" to the dog park
- Teaching and preserving history
Five things I would never wear again
- My Diet Coke IV can not be good. ;)
- Throwing a shirt into the dryer to get the wrinkles out rather than ironing it.
- Spoiling the pups.
- Pointing out the differences between "here" and "back home".
- Forgetting to water my house plants.
- Jelly shoes (Hello blisters!)
- Leg warmers
- Pig tails
- Those über sexy spandex shorts with the neon stripe down the outer thigh.
Five favorite toys
- Computer / Laptop
- Palm Pilot (great for paperless caching!)
- Digital Camera